For HERO, it’s one of our biggest fundraisers of the year. Last year, we were able to raise a little over $20,000 including the $4,000 match from Dakota Medical Foundation. These funds allow HERO to continue to provide needed supplies to our community at little cost.
Our goal for this year is to raise $24,000 with the match.
In order to do this, we’re asking for your help. We’d love to have groups of people who are excited about how HERO helps our community help spread the word about Giving Hearts Day and donating to HERO.
If your youth group, study group, fraternity, sorority, PTA, choir, sports team, or any other group you’re a part of wants to help promote HERO during Giving Hearts Day, Margot, our Communications Director, would love to hear from you!
Here’s a list of ideas you could do to help spread the word about donating to HERO on Giving Hearts Day:
- Hold posters on the side of 45th street
- Have a trampoline-a-thon
- Create a YouTube video and share it with your friends
- Have a bake sale on Giving Hearts Day and people donate online
- Have a snow-tug-of-war and have participants donate online
- Use your imagination and create your own event to help HERO!